A new major release of ScheduleWorld is now available.
1. A brand new contacts webapp written using web 2.0 features has replaced the old contacts webapp. This new web 2.0 application is a shining example of what web 2.0 can do.
- It works offline. That’s right, you can now view/edit/delete your contacts while disconnected from the network and sync them up later.
- Extremely fast synchronization.
- Lots of advanced Ajax, CSS and DHTML make the application work and feel like a desktop application – but even better as it runs in your browser.
- Integrated with Google Maps.
- Highly bandwidth efficient. No HTML tags or rendering information is sent over the network.
- Close to zero network latency for most operations.
2. Significant optimizations and enhancements are in place to help the system scale.
ScheduleWorld is an experiment in a new kind of rich Internet application, built on the foundations of open standards that enables you to access your data from virtually anywhere using a growing number of interoperable devices and software. The key features are:
- Sync With Virtually Anything.
Sync ScheduleWorld with cell phones, Outlook, Thunderbird, Palm, Pocket PC/Windows Mobile, BlackBerry, iPod, Mozilla, Evolution (with more on the way). Click here for more details.
- Simple and Fast Calendaring, Scheduling, Tasks, Notes.
Easy and convenient to use. Innovative techniques using the latest technology provide a great user experience. Click here for more info.
- Global Addressbook.
You can update and view your contacts from many different applications and devices such as cell phones, Outlook, Thunderbird, Netscape Mail, the OS/X mail/address book, KMail, Evolution, and others. Export/import is the slow and old fashioned way to stay in sync. Click here for more info.
- An Optional Rich Java Client.
Offline support and some unique features like encryption, and multiple overlaid calendars with transparency. Click here for more info.
- An Optional Java Micro Edition (J2ME) Client.
Offline support, over the air sync, full character encoding support, full timezone support, true iCalendar (RFC 2445) support, resolution independence. Click here for more info.